OS X 10.2.4 non-standard & unconstitutional

Jo Wilkes jwilkes at metabit.com
Tue Apr 15 00:24:04 CEST 2003

> > Jo, Marion is objecting to the use of the English word "Gaelic"
> > instead of the English word "Irish" in this context of being a
> > translation for the Irish Gaelic word "Gaeilge"; again, this does not
> > have anything to do with RFC 3066 language codes.
>
> I also don't see how this has anything to do with any on-topic item of
> discussion for ietf-languages.
>
> -- Mark --

I tried to make the connection by pointing out that, in my opinion, the entry
Marion was referring to did not belong in any of the categories where standards
exist. (So there isn't a standard this entry could violate.) These system
preferences are usually "locales". And "locales" are a topic already covered by
certain recent postings.

Jo