[Fwd]: Response to Mark's message]

Martin Duerst duerst at w3.org
Wed Apr 9 17:08:35 CEST 2003

At 20:42 03/04/09 +0100, Michael Everson wrote:
>At 14:57 -0400 2003-04-09, Martin Duerst wrote:

>>PLEASE!!! Stop complaining, start acting. Please submit the
>>necessary registrations for the 10 or 20 combinations that you
>>need, and follow through with these registrations.
>
>I'm reluctant to approve 10 or 20 registrations in a hurry which might
>have to be deprecated later. I would like to see all the i's dotted and
>the t's crossed.

I didn't say that we have to register these in a hurry. I just checked
the de- cases, and it took between two and three months from the initial
submission to your agreement mail. We wouldn't necessarily need that
much time for Mark's cases (at least not for some of them), and even
if we did, it would still be much faster than an RFC 3066 revision.

My main point to Mark is 'start now'.

>And I don't want to start adding script subtags in registrations until
>they are properly registered in 15924.

Well, you proposed a fait accomplit on ISO-639 above. So why not a
fait accomplit on 15924?

Regards,    Martin.