Script codes in RFC 3066, 4 issues

Mark Davis mark.davis at jtcsv.com
Wed Apr 9 13:08:38 CEST 2003

The original proposal called just the script a writing system. I have no
objection to calling the combination of language + script a "writing
system". Distinguishing between "orthography" and "spelling system" somewhat
tenuous, although they certainly could be defined to be different terms in
the context of a document.

Mark
(مرقص بن داود)
________
mark.davis at jtcsv.com
IBM, MS 50-2/B11, 5600 Cottle Rd, SJ CA 95193
(408) 256-3148
fax: (408) 256-0799