Update of en-scouse registration

Jon Hanna jon@spin.ie
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 18:04:15 +0100

8<
> I don't know if this kind of hierarchical thing is really what
> language tagging is for.

I'm not sure either. In my reading of RFC 3066 I've taken this to be
implied, but not clearly stated. I have used such assumptions
programmatically, and en-scouse is the only case where it causes problems
(obviously i- and x- can't be taken as implying any direct relationship).

It's a question I would like answered, but if the answer is "no" I would
still suggest that en-GB-scouse more accurately reflects the dialect than
en-scouse and is comparable to the following:

de-AT-1901
de-AT-1996
de-CH-1901
de-CH-1996
de-DE-1901
de-DE-1996
sgn-BE-fr
sgn-BE-nl
sgn-CH-de

As well as the sgn-US-MA suggested as a possible registration in the
examples in 3066 itself.