LANGUAGE TAG REGISTRATION FORM

Youngmin Radochonski Youngmin Radochonski <Youngmin.Radochonski@Sun.COM>
Wed, 15 May 2002 13:55:53 -0700 (PDT)

For translation, we need to identify a generic, regional version of Spanish.
This identity mainly concerns terminology, but can also affect syntax. Spanish
is standardized worldwide with respect to grammar and spelling.

However, it is not economically feasible to have 21 different versions of
Spanish, one for each country in Latin America. If we choose one country to
represent the whole region, e.g. Argentina or Mexico, the translator may decide
to use country-specific terminology and colloquialisms, assuming that the
content is specific only to that one country.

Hope this helps.

Oh, thank you for the Native name of languge..
I will upate my registeration form.

youngmin