ISO 3166 (country codes) Maintenance Agency Web pages move

Mark Davis Mark Davis" <mark@macchiato.com
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 09:31:39 -0800

Even if the Free Bavarian Republic seceeds from Germany, or if the
exploited peoples of Brittany rise up against their Parisian
oppressors, or if California decides that being the 5th largest
national economy is sufficient and jettisons the rest of the United
States, it is unlikely that we would need over 17576 three-letter
codes in the foreseeable future.

And if that were the case, it would still be better to exceed the
3-letter limit, or *even* go outside of A-Z for letters, than to
gratuitously break old data.

Mark
—————

Γνῶθι σαυτόν — Θαλῆς