Proposal: Language code "de-DE-trad"

John Clews Scripts2@sesame.demon.co.uk
Sat, 09 Feb 2002 20:57:03 GMT

I've no problems with de-DE-1996 and the -AT- equivalent.

However, I wonder whether there is more discussion needed on
de-DE-trad and the -AT- equivalent.

1. Are there more than one set of conventions that came in at amy
times previous to 1996, or was it all uniform? It's an open question:
I just have no detailed knowldege of German. However, it may also be
possible that "trad" might need to be broken up into more detail.

2. Conversely, assuming that there is no problem with "trad", might a
"trad" be applied to Chinese, so that you get something like zh-trad
and zh-[something else]?

I know that the current enquiry relates to German, but it may be
that specific cases might throw up more general solutions that could
usefully be applied elsewhere (or not) in relation to 2.

I'll write a more detailed email on that separately.

Best regards

John Clews

--
John Clews,
Keytempo Limited (Information Management),

Committee Member of ISO/IEC/JTC1/SC22/WG20: Internationalization;
Committee Member of ISO/TC37/SC2/WG1: Language Codes