Language tags that denote writing systems

Peter_Constable@sil.org Peter_Constable@sil.org
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 09:14:11 -0600

On 12/07/2002 08:39:50 PM "Sean M. Burke" wrote:

>I don't think it's necessary to wait for any RFC or ISO document to
approve
>the yi-hebr and yi-latn codes I've requested.  The fact that there will be
>a future standard for script codes (which imputes meaning to the
>character-strings "hebr" and "latn") doesn't mean that these yi-hebr and
>yi-latn codes have to wait for that standard.

I'd support a tag for "yi-Latn". I'd question whether "yi-Hebr" is actually
needed since, in current usage, I think "yi" is already understood to imply
"yi-Hebr".

- Peter

Peter Constable

7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
Tel: +1 972 708 7485