(no subject)

John Cowan jcowan@reutershealth.com
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 15:37:45 -0500 (EST)

Peter_Constable@sil.org scripsit:

> In a message I just wrote, I made reference to HTML lang and xml:lang, = > but
> the issue extends to all protocols that deal with metadata of this sort= > .
> HTTP is one more example.

I believe it's fundamentally different.  The first two tag text that you
already have, whereas the last provides information about text that you
have not yet got and may wish to influence the receipt of.

--
John Cowan  jcowan@reutershealth.com  www.reutershealth.com  www.ccil.org/~cowan
"The exception proves the rule."  Dimbulbs think: "Your counterexample proves