Here comes the Yiddish

Harald Tveit Alvestrand harald@alvestrand.no
Wed, 04 Dec 2002 07:52:59 +0100

Script codes were one of the examples of subtags given in RFC 1766.
We omitted them from the list of examples in RFC 3066.

I don't remember the argument for doing that, but wonder if we were trying
to avoid using example script codes that were not RFC 15924 compliant; I
don't remember an argument saying that the use of script codes was
deprecated outright.

                     Harald

--On mandag, desember 02, 2002 23:46:18 +0000 Michael Everson