Request: Language Code "de-DE-1996"

Martin Duerst duerst@w3.org
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 23:23:05 +0900

I have to say that what I know about the linguistic
situation (which I guess is more than either Michael
or Peter) doesn't suggest any particular preference
for either having the year or the country first, and
because things such as de-DE,... are already firmly
established, I would strongly prefer to stay with the
original proposal of having the country in the position
that is familiar to a lot of people. So I would indeed
say NO to Peter's proposal.

Regards,   Martin.