Request: Language Code "de-DE-1996"

John Cowan jcowan@reutershealth.com
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 07:16:23 -0400 (EDT)

Michael Everson scripsit:

> Now, I expect a string of e-mails stating unequivocably, I agree,
> these eight tags should be added.

This is an email which states unequivocally (that's "un-" and "equi-" and
"vocally", no "b" in it) that the 8 tags for German orthography
should be added.  I note with admiration that they work well in
Peter Constable's excellent model.

> And my goodness I sure would like someone to address the point I made
> about the fact that I already have applications that can distinguish
> between pre- and post-1996 orthography.

Then the distinction is ripe for standardization.

--
John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>     http://www.reutershealth.com