IAB Statement on Identifiers and Unicode 7.0.0

Shawn Steele Shawn.Steele at microsoft.com
Wed Jan 28 23:38:38 CET 2015

I thought about saying that several times, probably is that IP addresses sometimes have multiple ones pointing to a farm of different resources, and co-hosted servers often share the same IP for lots of domain names, depending on the http request to differentiate them.

However, I think that a “middle layer” might be appropriate?  Something like DNS, but MUCH stricter on what’s allowed.  Then real DNS labels could be mapped to that (1 way, but consistent and unambiguous).  Seems like a hard project though.