Fwd: IAB Statement on Identifiers and Unicode 7.0.0

Shawn Steele Shawn.Steele at microsoft.com
Wed Jan 28 19:48:37 CET 2015

I will continue to participate, however I cannot fault Andrew’s response.  The IAB has taken an intractable position and, despite claiming to not be experts, is ignoring expert advice about how languages and scripts work.  We’re at loggerheads with no obvious path moving forward.

I’d like to propose that we have some sort of thing we want to accomplish with this discussion rather than just yelling at each other.

For a talking point I’ll propose “Ok, things are a little weirder than we expected.  We want to make sure that we identifiers can reliably do A, B & C.  How do we get there?”

-Shawn