[Json] Json and U+08A1 and related cases

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Sun Jan 25 03:50:39 CET 2015

At 15:44 24/01/2015, Vint Cerf wrote:
>I do wonder whether it is worth considering an attempt to create a
>new set of properties of UNICODED characters that are of specific
>use to the DNS. The IDNA 2008 work tried to use properties of
>characters developed for purposes other than the DNS and the fit is
>not always perfect.

We are discussing a three steps multi-layer digital name system
(ML-DNS) to be used by multiple applications and network technologies
on the.catenet:

1. I enter a string A in my local querry system which punycodes it
     into string B so it may be used by the next step. (RFC 4895)
2. The string B is entered in the Domain Name Service of the concerned
     CLASS to get an IP address.
3. the string B is restored as A' in the destination system.

The target is that A'=A.

For your information.

As part of the ICP-3 conformant IUser community testing for the
Catenet we want to experiment the following multi-ledger/multi-echnology
approach (ML-DNS)::

1. for the CLASS "IN" ledger of registries of ICANN/NTIA/Verisign:

     the step 1/step 3 back and forth conversion algorithm is:
     - either " A=B/B=A when A and B are restricted  to  the ASCII list".
     - or punycode otherwise.

2. for the private CLASS "FL" (Free/Libre) ledger of registries by DNSLIB:

     the step 1/step 3 back and forth conversion algorithm is:
     - either " A=B/B=A when A and B are restricted  to  the ASCII list".
     - or punycode applied to the UNISIGN semiotic  (Free/Libre) sign set.
     - or no registration permitted/filtering out otherwise.

UNISIGN only includes non-confusable character and non character
signs. Confusable characters share a unique common sign-point.

The UNISIGN table results from a non-confusability algorithm under
financing/work, It should be based upon rastering comparison in an
UNISIGN fount of reference.

jfc