How various TLDs use IDN variants

Yoshiro YONEYA yoshiro.yoneya at jprs.co.jp
Wed Nov 7 17:10:05 CET 2012

Hi,

I noticed new version (-03) had been published and ccTLDs were included
in the document.  I checked JP section and had a few comments.  Please
see below.

> 5.7.  JP
>
>    The .JP TLD (for Japan) publishes a policy page [JPPOLICY].  It has
>    published an IDN table for the Japanese language in [IANAIDN].  The
>    policy says that it will block registration of variants.

JP's IDN table does not define variants (i.e. each code point has no
variants) so it says nothing about variants.  The last sentence would be:

  Each code point in that table defines no variants, and therefore
  the policy says nothing about variants, which means there are no
  variants in registration or resolution.

>    [JPPOLICY]
>               JPNIC, "Technology bylaws regarding generic domain name
>               registration JP", July 2012,
>               <http://jprs.jp/doc/rule/saisoku-1-wideusejp.html>.

Owner and publisher of the policy document is JPRS, not JPNIC.
Please correct it as follows.

  JPRS, "Technical Specification of General-use JP Domain Name",
  July 2012, <http://jprs.jp/doc/rule/saisoku-1-wideusejp.html>.

Regards,

--
Yoshiro YONEYA <yoshiro.yoneya at jprs.co.jp>