Draft on IDN Tables in XML

Ram Mohan rmohan at afilias.info
Wed Mar 14 15:45:58 CET 2012

Kim,

I am not certain registries would want to use an automated/machine-readable
mechanism for importing tables from other registry IDN implementations.
Implementations vary widely from one registry to another, each IDN
implementation often requires hand-verification of allowed code points
combined with business policies.

Let’s try an example:

CDNC regularly publishes and updates the set of valid codepoints in the Han
script, along with contextual and variant generation rules/guidelines.
Publishing those set of rules in this rich format would be useful; however,
registries will still need to manually verify both the codepoints and the
rules for variant generation, and create business rules for allocation and
delegation of applied for strings.

Feels like a nice to have, not a must have.

-Ram

Ram Mohan

(o) +1.215.706.5700 x103  (m) +1.215.431.0958  (f) +1.215.706.5701

rmohan at afilias.info | Skype: gliderpilot30 | Twitter @rmohan123