Draft on IDN Tables in XML

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Sun Mar 11 03:29:33 CET 2012

At 17:42 08/03/2012, Shawn Steele wrote:
>How do these tables stay in-sync?   I mean, what happens when it
>disagrees with what is actually in the DNS zone files?

Dear Shawn,

the need for synchronized multilinguistic (on languages) and
polylinguistic (same data in different language) is a general need
that can only be currently addressed in an opendata context by a
registry or DDDS international system, or by an extended DDDS
mutually operated architecture. It would be interesting to know what
Microsoft, Google, and others would have to propose. I would be
interested in working on a joint exploratory draft on this issue
which is universal and not limited to the Internet. This could be
part of the JTC1/SG32/WG2 effort, or a totally separate project. It
should permit contributions by everyone to be kept synchronized
within a registrant defined TTL and to be freely accessed for
validity check of table versions and updates.

Best
jfc