New patent application relating to IDNs and variants

John C Klensin klensin at jck.com
Tue May 10 23:48:38 CEST 2011

--On Tuesday, May 10, 2011 13:14 -0700 Paul Hoffman
<phoffman at imc.org> wrote:

> I bring this to the list so that people know about it, not to
> get people to discuss it. I strongly suspect people will give
> free legal advice about it nonetheless...
>
> US patent application 2011/0106924 A1

This is not legal advice or discussion and I hope that there is
nothing in it that can even vaguely be construed that way.

Purely for information if anyone is inclined to look this up and
is not familiar with how to find applications, one way to do it
is to go to http://appft1.uspto.gov/netahtml/PTO/srchnum.html
enter "20110106924 A1" (without the quotes, of course), and then
click "search".  Once you get the publication link from that
search, click on it to get the text form of the application.

FWIW, let me repeat Paul's request that we not get into a
discussion of the merits of the patent application and/or its
effects if granted on this list.