Request for publication: New Version Notification for draft-faltstrom-5892bis-04

Patrik Fältström patrik at frobbit.se
Mon Mar 7 09:04:43 CET 2011

On 7 mar 2011, at 01.47, Mark Davis ☕ (sıʌɐp ʞɹɐɯ) wrote:

> (For the future -- in no way meant to delay publication -- I think part of
> the issue might be with the term 'contributor', which seems to imply a sense
> of contributing text and/or ideas which made it into the document, and some
> sense that the contributor approves of the results, at least overall.
> Perhaps some looser phrasing might be better, like acknowledging feedback.)

Thanks for being explicit.

I have got it explained to me that a "contributor" does not really have to have any text verbatim in the document, and not agree with the content either. "contributor" is really individuals that have (as it says) contributed to the discussion around the document enough to influence the content of the document.

And it is up to me as (main) editor in this case to simply write down the names I feel have contributed.

The serious part have to do with IPR issues, and not listing someone that actually have participated might in very tragical cases lead to a royal mess afterwards.

I.e. the acknowledgement section together with the mailing list archive are the records we have on who participated in the discussions, and the acknowledgement sections is to be a summary of the individuals that participated the most.

Or something like that.

   Patrik