Lower casing

Shawn Steele Shawn.Steele at microsoft.com
Sat Jan 29 19:35:36 CET 2011

I completely agree.  We'd agreed (sort of) to disagree, however you brought up more details and I felt compelled to respond.  People should make well informed decisions with data from both points of view.

It is worth noting that, on the web, IDNA2008 needs mapping for lookup of user input.  UTS#46 seems to be the preferred mechanism, though there's some difference of opinion (obviously) about the transitional part.  So I'd encourage people to look at/use UTS#46 even if they skipped the transitional part of UTS#46.

-Shawn

http://blogs.msdn.com/shawnste