Browser IDN display policy: opinions sought

J-F C. Morfin jfc at morfin.org
Sun Dec 25 02:37:15 CET 2011

At 06:47 24/12/2011, Abdulrahman I. ALGhadir wrote:
>I guess you have missed something.
>The second link was broken I didn't copy it correctly and I think
>that you haven't check it, have you?
>
>http://www.icann.org/en/topics/idn/fast-track/string-evaluation-completion-en.htm
>
>When you want to register an IDN you should define the script and
>the language which your label will follow.
>
>http://www.icann.org/en/topics/idn/fast-track/idn-cctld-implementation-plan-15dec11-en.pdf
>(check 3.2)
>http://www.icann.org/en/topics/new-gtlds/rfp-clean-19sep11-en.pdf
>(check 1.3.1)
>
>As you see it is part from ICANN application process and it is a
>must and I think this will help us in having a solid resource which
>can provide us with needed information?

Dear Abdulrahman,

the only documents that should be considered by Gervase:

- MUST be RFCs (i.e. RFC 5890-5895) in particular RFC 5895 which
gives him an example.
- SHOULD be IANA files.
- MAY be ICANN files as examples of what a money centric network
community may want to do (NB culturally or people centric network
community or coporate private networks might want to do differently).

Best
jfc