Browser IDN display policy: opinions sought

Cary Karp ck at nic.museum
Sat Dec 10 17:48:02 CET 2011

Quoting Patrik:

> Let me emphasize that what John writes here is extremely important.
> If you have the slightest opinion of what "confusing" implies, and what
> implications approval of "too similar" TLDs might have, specifically cross
> scripts, you should let ICANN know.
>
> Now.

The advisory group for ICANN's Variant Issues Project will be holding
its wrap-up meeting in Marina del Rey on Monday and Tuesday The issues
report it is focusing on will finalized in short order thereafter. At
least three of the people on the idna-update list will be in MdR so
anything said on it can also be channeled into the VIP discussion.

The "now" that paf mentions really is NOW.

/Cary