Public Review Issue #181: Changing General Category of Twelve Characters

Patrik Fältström patrik at frobbit.se
Mon Apr 4 11:50:05 CEST 2011

I also would like to get a firm response from Unicode people as well, BUT, by just quickly looking at the change, I can only see the change gc=Ll to gc=Lm be something that have to do with IDNA2008.

And as rule A of IDNA2008 is the following:

A: General_Category(cp) is in {Ll, Lu, Lo, Nd, Lm, Mn, Mc}

...i.e. both Ll and Lm are accepted, this change should NOT have any impact on IDNA2008.

So I am not as worried as I was when I first saw that Gc was proposed to be changed for twelve(!) characters!!!

   Patrik