Unicode 5.2 -> 6.0

Mark Davis ☕ mark at macchiato.com
Fri Oct 15 00:07:21 CEST 2010

The thought of either trying to determine (a) what all the registries in the
world have, or (b) what all the fonts on everyone's machines can do, I find
somewhat daunting. There is another kicker. If software gets released based
on 5.2, it could have a multiyear lifespan. Even if you could do (a) or (b)
now, that doesn't mean that you can tell what will happen in the future...

The fundamental issue is that the effort in researching whether or not it is
'safe' to have the instability  *completely* swamps the effort of just
updating clause G. Everyone then knows that it is stable, and nobody has to
worry about it.

Mark

*— Il meglio è l’inimico del bene —*

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 14:47, Nicolas Williams <Nicolas.Williams at oracle.com