Nameprep and NFKC

Patrik Fältström patrik at frobbit.se
Thu Oct 14 07:26:17 CEST 2010

On 14 okt 2010, at 00.40, Kenneth Whistler wrote:

> All characters are mapped using Unicode Normalization
> Form C (NFC). ..."
>
> As I said, this is the obvious, consensual part of the
> problem -- and doesn't venture at all into the murkier
> waters of language- or locale-specific DWIM issues.

Although "we" obviously have not solved the problem for all applications, environments and contexts, I am happy that the _standard_ is so clear as it is.

We can because of this concentrate evolution on the backward and forward compatibility and stability given that we work with NFC strings.

And then separately (continue to) talk about "good behaviour" of applications.

   Patrik