Request for input and participation (fwd)

Dean Anderson dean at av8.com
Mon Mar 8 21:35:12 CET 2010

FYI,

It seems that ambiguity in IDNA-Update is causing operational problems,
and the DNSEXT Chairs are stumped. Well, that isn't very surprising
given both the ambiguity cited by JFC Morfin and the lack of relevant
experience of the DNSEXT chairs. But it isn't helped by the fact that
Sullivan hasn't any relevant engineering experience. Sullivan was a
Database Administrator for Affilias before being appointed Chair.
Sullivan has a master degree in philosophy, but that usually qualifies
one to be a clerk in a book store or a Teaching Assistant in Philosophy
at a small college, rather than being put in charge of DNS protocol
development.  Both DNSEXT WG Chairs now work for Steven Crocker, who has
given Sullivan the title of "Internet Scientist", despite a lack of
Internet or Scientific credentials and lack of relevant experience.

JFC: What's the status of your appeal?

		--Dean