IDNA and getnameinfo() and getaddrinfo()

Shawn Steele Shawn.Steele at microsoft.com
Tue Jun 15 20:18:07 CEST 2010

> I think Simon's playing it safe, and perhaps a conservative approach
> that results in A-labels by default in UIs is better.

Depends, perhaps, on your perspective.  I think international users would be happiest if the Unicode forms worked by default.  It makes sense if some app didn't want that behavior, but adding a flag means everyone has to recompile.  Hopefully (perhaps naively), some apps might work without that step if it handled IDN by default.  My personal preference anyway.

- Shawn