Recent poll on "mapping" document

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Thu Feb 18 09:43:34 CET 2010

Vint,

Le 18/02/2010 01:51, Vint Cerf a écrit :
> Attached/below, see the results of the recent query regarding the most
> recent "mapping" document.
>
> It does not appear that the WG is eager to pursue additional
> alternatives to publishing as a non-normative document.
>
> The relatively modest response suggests to me that the WG (which at
> one time seemed to have over 100 participants),
> has little energy or interest in further deliberation on mapping. If
> this is judged by some not to be "rough consensus"
> it is probably as close to it as we are likely to come.

thank you for conducting that poll. Like most other people, I vote Yes,
No, No.
I suspect that a number of those 100 participants who were in the group
at some point felt, like me, that the poll was a "given", thus not
bothering to reply. I have "moved my attention on" to other projects,
and felt that re-opening the subject was  likely to be a step backwards
for everyone, especially considering the amount of discussion which had
taken place about all of these subjects. How much blood can you get out
of a stone? :-)

Warmest regards,

Olivier

--