Protocol Action: 'Right-to-left scripts for IDNA' to Proposed Standard

Slim Amamou slim at alixsys.com
Wed Feb 17 09:22:48 CET 2010

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 7:36 AM, Abdulrahman I. ALGhadir
<aghadir at citc.gov.sa> wrote:
(...)
> if ABC 3 different labels in network order A != B !=C
> Then  ABC will be A.B.C LTR context

Actually we don't know how they will be displayed, it depends on the
directionality of each label and on what algorithm we will be using.
it could be ABC if all the labels are LTR and we are using UAX9 to
display them,  but it could also be ACB if A is LTR, B, C are RTL and
we are using UAX9 to display them.

> If you read these labels in RTL context then you'll start reading from right.(right?)
> A.B.C<-start from here
> Result = C.B.A(display order for RTL context draw C 1st then B ... etc)

Same here, we can't assume anything.

(...)

--
Slim Amamou | سليم عمامو