Protocol Action: 'Right-to-left scripts for IDNA' to Proposed Standard

Shawn Steele Shawn.Steele at microsoft.com
Mon Feb 15 19:20:17 CET 2010

>> I'm not trying to advocate any particular behavior.  I AM
>> trying to advocate that we don't bother with presentation
>> until such time as we can get clear expectations from as many
>> BIDI communities as possible.

> In that, we are in complete agreement, although I'm concerned
> that it could easily turn into "those who complain loudest, win".

You'll recall that I have suggested actual usability testing, not just shouting :)  (Like usability experts with volunteers (real humans, not CS majors)  in a real usability lab).  I realize that most (all?) IETF WG's aren't used to usability testing, however many of the participants have access to usability labs & experts.

-Shawn