Mapping Poll - REQUEST

Andrew Sullivan ajs at shinkuro.com
Wed Feb 10 18:12:51 CET 2010

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 10:59:15AM +0000, Gervase Markham wrote:
> > B. The common addition of a search path that will automatically add
> > labels to the end of a domain name before resolution
>
> Which is, of course, an OS feature rather than a browser one. And is not
> quite the same thing as typing "i" having a different effect in the UK
> as compared to Turkey.

Why isn't it the same thing?  Actually, I'd argue that the change
happening in an English locale vs. a Turkish locale (note that it's
not where the thing is, but how it's configured to behave) is _way_
less surprising to naive users than having a magic search path.
Sophisticated users are, of course, a different matter.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at shinkuro.com
Shinkuro, Inc.