support of metadata

Elisabeth Blanconil eblanconil at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 01:48:48 CEST 2009

Jean-Michel,

I must say I do prefer FE73 rather than PRIVATE USE codes. This is
because PRIVATE USE codes are within the ASCII limits (what may create
confusion with poorly designed implementations) and may poorly print
if it was actually printed. FE73 would react more clearly. IMHO the
best would be to have an ISO 10646 SDO area reserved at the IUCG
reference center taken on the UNASSIGNED area. I am sure that
French.European majuscules (as quoted by Martin Dürst) are not the
only metadata that we would need to carry throught codepoints.

Elisabeth Blanconil