ICANN News Alert -- Status Update: IDN ccTLD Fast Track Process Implementation

Tina Dam tina.dam at icann.org
Mon Sep 14 17:37:08 CEST 2009

Oliver, your comments about the sydney meeting sounds very strange to me. I have not heard any staff member suggest that icann forms a working group on this subject. It would be inappropriate. Please let me know directly who at icann staff have made such suggestion!

I have always represented the latest status from this mailing list at every meeting I have been at. Lately that has been the same as what Vint just replied to this thread + the fact that icann currently is expecting to be able to use the revised idna protocol and hence the new pvalid chars will be in function. This also with a warning that browsers etc needs updating before they are usable.

Tina