support of metadata

jean-michel bernier de portzamparc jmabdp at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 02:11:48 CEST 2009

Dear colleagues,
among the points we introduced during the WG/LC that have not been addressed
yeat is the end to end support of script oriented metadata (one example
being the French majuscules). Metadata can be supported either:

- explicitely through a specific new code from "unassigned" - since Language
Tag and Private Use control are disallowed
- implicitely through an unlike sequence of PVALID codes (ex: FE73-0061 ...
007A)

If I call "punnyplus" the extended algorithm that will provide this support:
- in the first case there is no risk of confusion since it will only work if
both ends are punnyplus enabled.
- in the second case there is no risk of confusion either but the sending
end is to be punyplus enabled.

If the WG documents remain unchanged in terms of French majuscules support,
the support of the two will be offered as a response to the "+" entry.
Ex. http://+Etat.fr.

Portzamparc