Document status

"Martin J. Dürst" duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp
Fri Sep 11 09:20:41 CEST 2009

Hello Vint, others,

On 2009/09/11 1:31, John C Klensin wrote:

> Rationale: I have no requests for changes outstanding in my
> list/queue.  There are several changes in the working version of
> -12 relative to the posted -11.  While I fear that the lack of
> comments is more because "no one has looked closely lately", I
> will get -12 posted later this afternoon.

My impression from the overall number of last call comments that I have
seen is that many people started with definitions and protocol, and some
of them got to tables and/or bidi, but most didn't make it to mappings
and/or rationale. That was definitely my own personal experience.

One consequence one could take from this is to move on with
defs/protocol/tables/bidi as quickly as possible, while trying to set up
another review period for rationale and mappings. This grouping at least
to me seems somewhat natural in that the first four together define the
core protocol, whereas mappings and rationale are ancillary.

Just an idea, I'll leave the decision up to the chair.

Regards,   Martin.

#-# http://www.sw.it.aoyama.ac.jp   mailto:duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp