protocol-15

Vint Cerf vint at google.com
Thu Sep 3 18:54:20 CEST 2009

Andrew,

I think we intended that our definition of A-label excluded presence
of upper case ASCII.
So the presence of such characters makes the object NOT an A-label.

an A-label is a subset of allowed DNS labels (see Non-Reserved LDH-
labels).
The labels with the xn--prefix but which contain upper case ASCII
where the
punycode representation of the U-label appears are not A-labels by
definition.

any clarification we can manage on this point will likely be helpful.