my comments on draft-ietf-idnabis-protocol-14 (second part)

"Martin J. Dürst" duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp
Wed Sep 2 04:43:50 CEST 2009

Hello John, Vint,

I'm glad to see that John in particular is understanding and
appreciating my comments.

For many of them, I think it's fine to defer them, as long as I don't
have to keep the task list :-). There are a few (in particular I seem to
remember section 4.1) where I really had now clue what was intended, and
I fear that there's a great chance that implementations may vary widely,
and therefore I'd prefer at least those to be addressed now.

Overall, I'm rather unhappy with the general quality of the documents,
because I think in a big part, they are the result of the "we have to
hurry up, we can always clean things up later" mentality that was very
often dominant in this WG. I know that John (and all our other editors)
can write better specs, and I think the above mentality has overall
resulted in less quality without actually using less time. So I'm not
happy to see the "we don't have much time now" argument brought up again.

Of course, if there is rough consensus to address some things later,
then I'll accept that.

Regards,   Martin.

#-# http://www.sw.it.aoyama.ac.jp   mailto:duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp