Comments on draft-ietf-idnabis-defs-10

Andrew Sullivan ajs at shinkuro.com
Tue Sep 1 22:54:23 CEST 2009

On Tue, Sep 01, 2009 at 04:50:40PM -0400, John C Klensin wrote:

> I've patched the changes into Protocol, making modifications
> only where conversion from A-labels to U-labels is discussed.
> I'm going to post that version for WG review as soon as I can
> get it compiled and submitted.  A version with the remaining
> pre-IETF-last call patches (mainly the filling in of Section
> numbers) will follow shortly (probably tomorrow) if either there
> are no further comments or the comments indicate that this is
> ok.

This strategy is ok with me, but I want to state more clearly what I
said before, and that is that once we have a complete document, in my
opinion it would be very wise to have another short last call on the
changed documents.  It's too bad we should have finally twigged to the
significance of Wil's June comment at WGLC, but that's what LCs are
for.  We shouldn't compound our error, however, by sending the
document up without a second look.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at shinkuro.com
Shinkuro, Inc.