consensus Call: TATWEEL

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Sun Mar 29 16:32:48 CEST 2009

At 10:12 29/03/2009, Martin J. Dürst wrote:
>The more I think about it, the more I actually get the impression that
>the Tatweel is very much linked to horizontal/linear Arabic rendering,
>and not of much use if any for falling or other higher-level kinds
>of renderings. Even for horizontal rendering, the Tatweel is nothing
>more than a crude clutch, as Ken already said.

Martin,
what people are trying to understand is what legitimacy have your
impression of crude clutch to decide about foreign scripts, languages
and cultures? It is the same as if the French Parliament decided that
every American landing in Paris was forbiden to wear a shirt because
they were under the impression that Americans wore T-Shirts instead.
jfc