Apostrophe (was Re: Names)

Patrik Fältström patrik at frobbit.se
Tue Mar 24 02:09:17 CET 2009

Then I must ask myself, why does it have the properties in Unicode it
has?

I.e. I really do not like having the IETF "overriding" various
definitions Unicode Consortium has decided upon, because there must be
a reason why the codepoint has the classification it has. If it is
"used as a letter in a name", then it should be one of the letter
variants? Or?

I am just trying to understand, and will of course given consensus in
this wg change (potentially) exceptions accordingly.

Where does this slippery slope end?

    Patrik