Eszett and IDNAv2 vs IDNA2008

Vint Cerf vint at google.com
Fri Mar 20 12:34:01 CET 2009

Folks,

introduction of a new prefix at this late stage strikes me as a non-
starter. It is proving hard enough to deal with the issues on the
table associated with the xn-- prefix. What we need to do is to
evaluate essentially the present IDNA2008 specification and understand
implications and transition issues associated with its introduction.

We are also going to hear from Paul Hoffman his idea for a variation
of IDNA2003.

If there is a desire among the WG participants to pursue more radical
directions than these, I believe those pursuits should be taken up
through the IETF BOF process.

Vint

Vint Cerf
Google