AW: Eszett and IDNAv2 vs IDNA2008

Andrew Sullivan ajs at shinkuro.com
Fri Mar 13 23:14:08 CET 2009

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 08:25:35PM +0000, Shawn Steele (???) wrote:

> How come nobody has insisted that fussball.de and fußball.de should
> be discrete names?

Well, I'd quite happily argue that fussball.info _could_ be different
from fußball.info, given that I can easily imagine someone (maybe some
participants in this working group!) calling me the word spelled by
the label in the former domain name, and not that in the latter.  Note
that .info is a gTLD with a strong presence in the German market (and
one which was early to market with German IDNA2003 domain names) but
an international audience.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at shinkuro.com
Shinkuro, Inc.