Reasons for disallowing Arabic script digit mixing at the protocollevel

Martin Duerst duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp
Wed Mar 11 07:16:23 CET 2009

Hello Ram,

Two observations on the document(s):

- The document mentions potential combinatorial explosion with
  a bundling approach. I think this could be easily addressed
  by a registry-specific prohibition of Arabic script digit mixing
  together with bundling between the remaining three variants.

- Mapping and so on are not mentioned at all. I'm fine with that,
  but it would be good to confirm that, according to the authors
  of the documents, the proposed "disallow script mixing" is all
  that they expect from IDNA2008 for this issue.

Regards,   Martin.