numeric (ascii) labels (was: Re: draft-liman-tld-names-00.txt and bidi)

Vint Cerf vint at google.com
Tue Mar 10 09:06:39 CET 2009

To IDNA participants:

Johh and Andrew S have both suggested moving any further discussion of
numerics in TLDs to DNSOPS. I concur, not only for the reasons John
suggests but also because the present IDNA documents apply to all
labels, not to the TLD ones.

This isn't a moderated list, but as WG Chair, I request we cease
further discussion of the numerics in TLDs question in IDNABIS.

thanks

Vint Cerf
Google
1818 Library Street, Suite 400