numeric (ascii) labels (was: Re: draft-liman-tld-names-00.txt and bidi)

Andrew Sullivan ajs at shinkuro.com
Tue Mar 10 03:53:11 CET 2009

Dear colleagues,

I'd like again to suggest that we take further discussion of whether
all-number TLDs are safe over to the dnsop mailing list, since that's
the place one is most likely to find the IETF participants who really
have to deal in their professional or technical lives with the
assortment of specification, oral tradition, and good and bad
implementations that actually makes up the functioning DNS. The
present thread is to some degree the reason I asked for responses off-
list.

What is still needed, however, if anyone wants to provide it, is a
pointer to the Fine Material showing that a Punycode-encoded label can
or cannot end with a digit. I _think_ the answer is no, but I'd sure
like a strong confirmation.

Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at shinkuro.com