Mapping and Variants

Patrik Fältström patrik at frobbit.se
Mon Mar 9 09:40:47 CET 2009

And I do not understand your question. It must be because of lack of
coffee. I thought the whole idea with mapping was to make it possible
for people to "use" (note the quotation marks) upper and lower case
characters in their domain names, but at the same time we then have to
prohibit various dangerous combinations so that we do not _increase_
the phishing issues. Either by mapping to the same character, or by
having even more regular expressions (or both) in the standard.

I.e. I see the example being very valid.

YMMV...

    Patrik