draft-liman-tld-names-00.txt and bidi

Vint Cerf vint at google.com
Sun Mar 8 17:07:54 CET 2009

well, we have already made a rule that labels cannot have leading or
trailing hyphens...

others more expert in the punycode algorithm will have to say whether
it is possible for it to produce a terminating digit. One would think
so given that digits are an allowed value among the A-Z, 0-9 and "-"
components of LDH-label subset of ASCII labels.

Vint Cerf
Google
1818 Library Street, Suite 400
Reston, VA 20190