Katakana Middle Dot again (Was: tables-06b.txt: A.5, A.6, A.9)

John C Klensin klensin at jck.com
Sat Jul 25 09:50:12 CEST 2009

--On Saturday, July 25, 2009 00:45 -0700 Mark Davis ⌛
<mark at macchiato.com> wrote:

> It is clear with the flurry of activity that there are
> problems. They have been this way for the better part of the
> year because, frankly, there have been no responses to
> problems in the formulation of CONTEXTO raised in November,
> and raised again in April. So when finally there there is some
> engagement and progress is being made, it is pretty darned
> annoying to call it "too late".

I could be wrong, but I think there is a very significant
difference between "this rule needs to be tuned better" and "the
category for this character is  wrong".   For the CONTEXTO
group, we really have been over the category issue several
times, there is nothing about the explanation in my note to Wil
about why this character was so classified that has not been
discussed (and I do mean "discussed", not just "posted" or
"announced") before.

Certainly it would have been better to get the rules fixed
earlier but, again, I think that is a different discussion.