CONTEXTO Proposal

Andrew Sullivan ajs at shinkuro.com
Mon Jul 20 22:31:14 CEST 2009

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 01:09:06PM -0700, Mark Davis ⌛ wrote:

> Here are my recommendations in detail:
> A. HYPHEN The rule on HYPHEN is unnecessary, since it is a requirement of
> the DNS system anyway; this is completely redundant. So remove from Tables:

I don't think I fully understand that argument.  If it is a
requirement for the DNS, then surely there ought to be a rule
restricting the character in that position.  No?  I thought the idea
was that the IDNA2008 processing could be done effectively as a pipe,
inputting to the DNS, and anything valid out of the IDNA2008
processing should then be valid in DNS.  Your suggestion makes this a
two-way interchange, I think?

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at shinkuro.com
Shinkuro, Inc.